This intensive course guides students towards a high-level knowledge and understanding of wine. The course covers the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines over a longer period in order to incorporate the necessary base knowledge as well as all the Level 3 learning material.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- The major grape varieties
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- Label terminology
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to analyse wines to account for their style and quality
- Tutored tastings of more than 80 wines
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- A combined theory paper consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions and four short written answer questions.
- A tasting paper consisting of a blind tasting of two wines.
- Still wines of the world
- Sparkling wines of the world
- Fortified wines of the world
The textbooks, course materials provided and lectures will be in English
This course is specifically designed for individuals with no prior wine education. All classes are delivered in English therefore a good level of English is beneficial.
Assessment: The exam is assessed in two parts, which takes place in the last session of the course.
A mark of 55% is required in both parts to pass.
30. September, 7., 14., 21., 28. October and 4. November.
From 9.00 am – 5.00 pm every day
Exam: 18th of November 2019. Tasting 10.00-10.30 Theory 10.45-12.45
Educator: Heidi Iren Hansen
Course fee: NOK 22 000,-
The cost includes study materials (Level 3 course package - Understanding Wines: Explaining Style and Quality), wine samples, tuition and examination. (Level 2 Wine course book is not included.)
Lunch every course day and coffe/tea during the day is included.
Enrollment deadline: One week prior to course start
Frode Rønne Malmo er daglig leder for Mathallen i Oslo. Han har bestått WSET Level 2. Les om hans erfaringer her.
Bente Vamråk jobber i Winning Brands og har tidligere tatt WSET Diploma hos oss. Les om hennes erfaringer her.
Svein Mjøen er lege og har ingen direkte forbindelse til restaurantbransjen, men har en stor lidenskap for vin. Han har studert WSET Level 2, 3 og Diploma hos oss. Les om hans erfaringer her.
Martin Hallberg er kategorisjef for alkohol hos Servicegrossistene og har tidligere tatt WSET Level 2 og 3 hos oss. Les mer om hans erfaringer her.
Odd André Wathe og Kristoffer Tømmerbakke er to gode venner siden videregående og henger mye sammen. En er overlege og den andre er musikkprodusent og artist. Les mer om deres erfaringer her.